Sr. Data Warehouse Developer
We're looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer who is creative and decisive to join our data team. The ideal candidate is a stellar PM who thrives on enabling change, enjoys designing and developing data warehouses, and is a whiz at optimizing data layer efficiencies. You will partner with engineers and business stakeholders across the organization when developing solutions. We’re a vibrant, growing company that appreciates adventurous thinkers. Come join us if that’s you.
From the start, you can expect to:
- Extend and refine the current data warehouse to serve complex and evolving needs
- Manage BI Tool integrations
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements, cost reductions, and process improvements
- Understand business goals, timelines, and requirements spanning many different business units and functional groups. Translate the above to clearly articulated, actionable project requirements and tasks
- Balance timelines, dependencies, effort, and expected value of solutions to establish and argue for priorities of given projects
- Ensure tight alignment between ongoing development activities and the analytics team
• 3+ years’ work experience in data development/design/consulting
• Bachelor's Degree
• High-level proficiency in 1 or more SQL dialects
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Per NBCU policy, willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience with full product ownership (design, implementation, and maintenance); experience at startups or smaller companies is a plus!
• Strong understanding of SQL theory and practice. 100+ line queries, 7-way joins, and correlated subqueries do not scare you. You can write window functions off the top of your head AND know how and when to use them.
• Data warehouse dimensional design knowledge and the ability to articulate design decisions.
• Working knowledge of RDBMS systems, bottlenecks, and performance considerations; experience with non-conventional systems (e.g. AWS Redshift & Athena, Hive, Presto, Vertica, Greenplum) a plus!
• Ability to study & understand large, rapidly evolving data models (200+ tables with frequent changes).
• Experience with how measurement data can drive business decisions (e.g. A/B or multivariate testing, conversion funnel analysis, UX optimization).
• Bonus: some experience with general-purpose programming/scripting in a UNIX/Linux environment (e.g. Python, Bash)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.