Sr. Data Warehouse Developer - Bluprint (an NBCUniversal company)
At Bluprint, we’re proud to be one of the newest members of the NBCUniversal family. Our digital platform helps people learn and be inspired by world-class experts, classes & tutorials across a wide range of creative activities, and a global community of like-minded doers.
Armed with new partners and infinite possibilities, we’re eager to continue building a customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. We’ve only scratched the surface and we’re ready for more!
We're looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who is creative and decisive to join our centralized team of data analytics. The ideal candidate is a stellar PM who thrives on enabling change, enjoys designing and developing data warehouses, and is a whiz at optimizing data layer efficiencies. As the Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, you will define the BI architecture roadmap and manage the backlog across multiple data disciplines: DBA, Warehousing, BI and BigData. You will also partner with engineers and business stakeholders across the organization when developing solutions.
From the start, you can expect to:
- Extend and refine the current Data Warehouse to serve complex and evolving needs
- Manage BI Tool integrations
- Maximize data warehouse availability and performance
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements, cost reductions and process improvements
- Develop long-term capacity projections and plan new paths forward for technical systems and platforms
- Understand business goals, timelines, and requirements spanning many different business units and functional groups. Translate the above to clearly articulated, actionable project requirements and tasks
- Balance timelines, dependencies, effort, and expected value of solutions to establish and argue for priorities of given projects
- Ensure tight alignment between ongoing development activities and the analytics team
• 5+ years work experience in data development/design/consulting
• Bachelors Degree
• Proficiency in 1 or more SQL dialects
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
You have experience with:
• Accomplishing a lot, quickly, and with limited resources (History with startups or other experience)
• SQL theory and practice. 100+ line queries, 7-way joins, and correlated subqueries do not scare you. You can write window functions off the top of your head AND know how and when to use them
• Advanced data warehouse dimensional design
• Building and managing ETL and data integration systems
• Conventional RDBMS systems, bottlenecks, and performance considerations
• Articulating data warehouse design considerations
• Comprehending and internalizing large, rapidly evolving data models. You must not be frightened of a schema with 500+ tables with changes deployed weekly
• Using data and measurement to drive decisions and outcomes; examples might include A/B or multivariate testing, funnel analysis or other quantitative experience optimization
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.