Sr. Data Analyst at SumUp
Sr. Data Analyst (Boulder, CO)
At SumUp, small business owners are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be leading a growing team of analysts to help solve the most pressing problems of SumUp’s US market. Fundamentally, you will be tasked with driving better decision making across the US by partnering with cross-functional teams. The role will be high visibility and will have a direct impact on the direction of the business. We need someone who can dive into the nuances of the business, lead a growing team and help accelerate our rapid growth!What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of data analysts embedded across the US team
- Develop a robust BI and analytics roadmap in conjunction with business units and the global organization
- Lead data projects end-to-end including strategy development, planning, execution & delivery, and documentation of learnings
- Instill a foundation of fast-moving data-driven decision making that will be used to guide business decisions
- Build the analytical foundations to anticipate and solve challenges that will arise in the future
- Serve as the centerpoint for the embedded business development team
- Train, mentor and upskill analysts across the office
- Represent the US office within the global analytics chapter
- Deliver accurate and reliable data reporting and analysis to steer overall business performance
- Enhance SumUp USA’s business reports (e.g. improving and optimising dashboard usability and visualization)
- Support the development and maintenance of our KPIs
- Provide insights in our data to senior management and become a trusted partner for them
- 5-7+ years experience in an analytical role
- An innate understanding of how data and analytics can drive business decisions within the complexity of a larger organization
- A relentless desire to solve problems, discover new things and drive the pace of the business
- Advanced SQL skills and understanding of modern data warehousing
- Proficiency in Python
- Extensive experience working with Tableau or other BI tools (dashboard design and development)
- Ability to turn data analysis into insights & recommendations for business partners
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with stakeholders across all levels and enjoy stakeholder enablement
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced demanding professional environment i.e. startups, consultancies, fintech, fast-growing companies
- Leadership and/or mentorship experience
- Experience with Salesforce and SAP
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- Employer paid long-term disability
- 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Over 30 days of paid vacation and holidays available upon hire
- 100% paid parental leave (up to 8 weeks)
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks, and drinks
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $100,000 to $120,000. Compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.