SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As a Software Engineer on our Data Science team, you will help design, develop, and maintain data-driven services and pipelines supporting internal research and experimentation as well as driving measurably improved mental health outcomes for our users.
Success Looks Like
- Make meaningful improvements to the team’s technical and onboarding documentation while building a working knowledge of existing services and architecture
- Successfully own the implementation of a major feature or service all the way to production
- Be a foundational component of the team’s ability to deliver business value at a high velocity
What you'll do
- Collaborate with peers and internal stakeholders to foster team agility
- Design, develop, and maintain distributed services supporting highly available workloads
- Proactively seek out (and improve) documentation and intra-team knowledge sharing
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs
What you'll bring with youCritical Competencies
- Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes and the ability to consistently meet objectives
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Team-oriented, focus on "we" over "me".
- Learning Agility: shows a strong willingness to learn and adjust to new people and environments. Actively works to understand strengths, identify opportunities to develop, embrace new ways of thinking and apply new information
- Solution Orientation: sees problems as opportunities. Understands, captures, and enhances stakeholder vision. Adjust the solution to suit the problem and stakeholder
- 3+ years experience professionally developing software in a team environment
- Experience translating customer requirements into technical features and developing code to implement said features
- Ability to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation
- Experience with service-oriented-architecture or designing functionally-decomposed systems
- Working knowledge of at least one major public cloud platform
- Undergraduate degree (or better) in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Experience with microservice development in Go or Python (especially with frameworks like Gin or Flask)
- Experience working with Data Scientists or ML/AI Engineers
- Experience developing containerized services with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a high-security industry or other strong experience with compliance-based data-privacy concerns
- This role can sit in any of these cities : Austin, TX, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Nashville, TN, Madison, WI, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh, NC, or Seattle, WA.
- Compensation range for this position is $95,000-$125,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills.
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.