Settlement Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In this role you will be part of an exciting group, dedicated to the balancing and reconciling settlement activities for the Debit Card business. Our team is committed to provide the best experience to our clients by encouraging positive corporate culture, team work and simplifying processes."
What you will be doing
This role also requires a fair degree of interaction and networking with our business counterparts to trouble shoot any issues that may arise and/or assist in successfully navigating through the waters of constant change. Our team's focus is on internal and operational controls for very large volumes of monetary activities and is committed to provide the best experience to our internal and external clients by encouraging positive culture, team work and simplifying processes.
- Utilizes internal and external settlement systems and data to prepare and complete balancing schedules and cash account reconciliations
- Utilizes settlement systems/data and bank-provided systems to prepare and record general ledger journal entries
- Monitors and/or processes payments and payment files in conjunction with settlement procedures and policies.
- Analyzes and researches variances; provides logical/concise explanations for variances and/or fluctuations in a timely manner and assists with variance resolution as needed.
- Works with internal and/or external clients and service providers to resolve out of balance conditions, funds movement errors and/or transaction processing inquiries
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Knowledge of cash management, financial analysis, account reconciliation and balancing processes
- Knowledge of banking and transaction processing (i.e. ACH and wire processing) including concepts and principles - demonstrates industry and technical capability
- Ability to analyze data, explain results and demonstrates good business judgement
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to settlement systems/processes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail, accuracy; ability to maintain confidentiality - demonstrates risk awareness and compliance
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.