Senior Manager of Data Science - Operations at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager of Data Science - Operations. As the Senior Manager of Data Science - Operations you will partner with our leaders across the business and lead a team of data scientists to improve our students’ Guild experience.
As Senior Manager of Data Science - Operations, you will:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities to use data science solutions to drive improved outcomes.
- Manage large-scale projects and prioritize the team’s workload to ensure effective delivery and implementation of solutions which drive our strategies forward.
- Work closely with Operations leadership to translate business needs and problems into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges for Guild’s Operations teams.
- Lead a world-class team of analysts who are responsive to our business partners’ needs, and are capable of working with data, performing complex analyses, and developing recommendations and strategies which drive our business forward.
- Use data to tell a story, effectively explaining analytical findings and technical solutions to business partners.
- Act as a thought partner to data scientists, helping to formulate analytical plans, prioritize initiatives, and operationalize the results of learnings from complex analyses, including A/B testing, NLP, segmentation, and other predictive models.
In this role you will report to Beth Hegland and collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Kevin Chan-A-Shing, Mae Podesta, Josh Hadden-Leggett, and Terrence Cummings.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in an analytics/data science environment
- 5+ years managing high-performing technical and analytical teams
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong experience with SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Ability to work cross-functionally to advocate for data science solutions, develop roadmaps, and ensure effective prioritization of analytical resources.
- Extreme comfort presenting to and interacting with senior leaders, with the ability to win over strong personalities and reconcile competing points of view through data-driven storytelling
- Familiarity with Operations teams in a sales or CRM environment
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.