Senior Manager, Data Quality and Governance
The Sr. Manager Data Quality will be a highly transformational role where you will have the opportunity to work across the company by leading Guild’s efforts to organize, standardize and secure our data. You will be a critical member of our technology leadership team, reporting to the Senior Engineering Director Data. In this role, you will drive our overall data governance strategy and implementation. You will contribute to shaping the future of analytics, decision-making, data science, engineering, payments and partner teams. This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for enterprise data organization, as well as user data privacy and security.
Why Guild? Our mission is to increase economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. As a B-corp we are truly aligned to deliver positive outcomes for our students, employer partners, and academic partners.
As Sr. Manager, Data Quality & Governance, you will:
- Create, implement and manage a data governance roadmap.
- Evangelize our data strategy to all levels of company stakeholders.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of our operational data by guiding our data quality efforts.
- Influence and enforce data reliability across multiple data initiatives across the organization.
- Partner with legal and risk/compliance teams to manage data-driven regulatory requirements such as FERPA, CCPA, GDPR and Money Transfer regulations.
In addition to reporting to Lee, in this role, you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including Jess Rusin (SVP of Engineering), Julie Chickillo (VP Security), Jack Chang (Sr. Manager BI).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a data governance role
- 3+ years managing data related audit and regulatory requirements
- Prior experience developing and executing on data governance strategy at the enterprise level
- Deep understanding of data technologies such as relational databases, data warehousing, etc
- A holistic understanding of data flows, utilization, and vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable exceptional analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.