Senior Database Administrator
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
High-level job responsibilities:
At DISH, we operate a very complex set of business-critical applications that facilitate Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service for various DISH products. The Database Admin is responsible for day to day operations and executing key initiatives for IT. The candidate must bring a strong desire to contribute to a fast-paced team, share ideas and be willing to learn. The ideal candidate has a strong background in database administration with Oracle and Mongo databases in an enterprise environment.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade Databases: Mongo(4+) and either PostgreSQL (12+) or Oracle (19c).
- Proactively monitor production databases for HA/DR, Security and Performance.
- Participate in on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Provide DBA support for Enterprise Releases and Infrastructure Projects.
- Follow established standards and extend when/where applicable. Document new processes and procedures when required. Promptly Incident Reports to update/extend Knowledge Base.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Information Systems with a minimum of 3+ years in Mongo or Postgres or 10+ years in Oracle.
- Experience managing Oracle Databases on Linux Systems.
- Experience managing databases in private data centers as well as in AWS/GCP Cloud
- Experience with Query and Database Optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with Monitoring tools like Mongo Operations Manager, Oracle OEM, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently on projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with MySQL and Postgres is a plus.
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.