Senior Data Scientist
At Alteryx, Inc., we live for the thrill and delight that happens when we help free the world’s thinkers to innovate in new ways. As you spend half of your waking hours at work, we make sure that time is spent pushing limits and fueling remarkable business outcomes for our customers. Our culture empowers associates to make a difference every day, as they collaborate with their colleagues to implement the Alteryx platform to achieve heart-pounding, fist-pumping moments of insight, preparing the new workforce for the jobs of the future.
We are excited to be adding to our expanding global Analytics Team that drives data science into both internal decisions and helps enable customers with education and thought leadership on implementing analytics in their environments. You will help software engineers know how to improve the product, marketing more effectively make sales happen, and every department more effectively use Alteryx and other data science tools to deliver amazing results. In addition, the team will be working to drive our Alteryx for Good mission, helping schools and citizen data scientists around the world become more data literate, more capable answering questions and more able to solve problems. It is a meaningful and exciting role to be in!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and guidance on data science best practices.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum on data science leveraging Alteryx and other tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Create robust analytic products in key areas (e.g. Cybersecurity, Tax, Marketing, etc.).
- Ability to implement a wide array of analytic techniques including Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Interface directly with customers with ability to problem solve and facilitate solution implementations.
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Strong experience with Alteryx, R and Python
- Background in statistical methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture a plus