Senior Data Integration Engineer at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Senior-level Data Integration Engineer to play a key role on the Enterprise Intelligence Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while ensuring delivery of high-quality Engineering solutions. In addition to intrateam partnerships; development and maintenance of inter-team and business customers relationships will be a must. This role requires the candidate to demonstrate deep hands-on expertise in complex SQL development concepts, scripting for data integrations, ETL Architecture, Design, Development, and testing.
- Design, develop, and implement data-integration solutions to effectively process high-volume disparate data sources and meet processing SLAs
- Design, develop, and implement database architecture that meets the analytic and reporting needs of the business.
- Interact closely with business partners and Engineering teams to determine analytics and reporting needs and translate those needs into efficient & scalable data integration processes
- Participate and contribute to enterprise database architecture decisions.
- Accountable for completing tasks timely and setting expectations appropriately internally & with stakeholders.
- Formally serve as mentor to Junior teammates
- Manage a complex queue of data integrations needs for Sales & Operations Business channel within HA
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Design processes with maintainability, scalability, and efficiency in mind.
- Experience in scripting complex ETL scripts and database functions
- Extensive hands on experience in developing data integrations and API integrations using Python or another comparable scripting language
- Familiarity using Docker and/or enterprise level containerize toolsets
- Wide-ranging development experience with ELT and automated business processes. including shell scripting, Informatica Power Center 10.x, SharePoint, Automate Enterprise, and Python
- Knowledge in Data Warehouse architecture and Business Intelligence principals
- Hands-on experience with several database technologies, preferably both conventional database technologies (eg. Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL,etc. ) and cloud big data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Hadoop, Google, etc.)
- Experience in business requirements gathering, data analysis, data profiling, and dimensional data modeling
- Detail oriented and willingness to be a team player
- Demonstrated history of development and deployment processes
- Knowledge or experience with AWS data services a plus
- Experience with call center sales and operational type organizations large bonus
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!