Senior Data Engineer at Alto Pharmacy
Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
We are looking for a data engineer to be a key member of our quickly growing team based out of Denver, CO. Our analytics team is responsible for using detailed analyses to guide product strategy and for enabling teams across Alto to answer key business questions. As one of the first data engineers at Alto, you will design and build the systems we need to support high-quality, data-driven decisions.
We’ve taken the first step in building out our analytics platform by instrumenting several of our core workflows, and we’re looking for someone to help us take the next step in defining the future systems that will be needed to support and scale analytics.
Example projects of an Alto data engineer include:
- Instrumenting one of our operational processes like prescription refill requests so that we can better understand if patients needing refills are successfully getting those medications or if there are problems in the process we can tackle to make sure they do.
- Building out a data integration for our phone system so we can better understand the business metrics for our outbound and inbound patient calls.
- Deciding what data stores we need to store various types of analytics, and how we will enable teams across Alto to work with that data.
- Build the instrumentation, data integrations, and tools that will allow our analytics team to answer key business questions accurately and efficiently.
- Design and implement the infrastructure and data models that will allow our analytics systems to scale
- Collaborate with engineers and analysts to develop the technical strategy for our analytics and reporting systems
- Work cross-functionally with product, operations, and growth teams to support data analysis across all business functions
- Contribute to defining our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, coaching, and input into the team processes we adopt as we grow the analytics team together
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, 3 or more of which were specifically in a data engineering role
- Familiarity with one or more backend programming languages, particularly Ruby, Go, or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Care deeply about helping teammates across the organization have the ability to answer key business questions
- Passionate about Alto’s mission and our company values
- Have experience implementing a data warehousing system
- Have experience leading/mentoring other engineers
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Salary Range: $145,000- $180,000
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.