For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Senior Business Process Auditor. This role will work with the payments processing team and compliance team to gain an understanding of the day-to-day payments, reimbursements, tuition assistance, and eligibility processes and to evaluate and improve upon controls related to these processes. This individual will be responsible for ensuring business continuity for payments while also meeting audit and regulatory requirements.As a Senior Business Process Auditor you will:
- Serve as a liaison between the payments team and the compliance team
- Support the SOC 1 audit by leading walkthroughs, collecting evidence, and maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository
- Support Guild partner audits by leading walkthroughs, collecting evidence, maintaining the evidence in an accessible repository, and crafting external facing reports
- Support the internal audit by performing periodic assessments (ie, collecting evidence and evaluating the operating efficiency of controls)
- Identify the associated risks and the compensating controls associated with these processes
- Ensure that the payments team can continue to implement processes that ensure business continuity while still addressing security risks
- Supervise contractual requirements according to defined SLAs and assist with discrepancies
- Partnering with the operations teams to improve business processes
- Be responsible for third party oversight for the payments team
You are a good fit for this role if you have:Required Proficiencies
- A fundamental knowledge of controls (preferably business or financial controls)
- The ability to communicate issues and work with department leads to remediate these issues
- Ability to communicate externally to key partners as well as the ability to communicate issues to upper management
- Critical thinking skills that allow the candidate to identify risks and help develop solutions
- Experience optimally engaging with sophisticated payment processes, large datasets and critically meaningful technology / operational processes
- A financial audit background
- A payments or operations background
- A CISA, CISM, PMP, CPA, CFA, or CIA certification
- A familiarity with IT infrastructure (or the self-drive to learn about our company’s systems)
- Postgres SQL experience
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range $100,000-$137,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.