Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Remote)
Continuum Media provides a US-wide managed advertising service that combines cable, broadcast, and streaming. With our proprietary platform, we enable our customers to efficiently reach their audiences whilst always acting in their best interest.
We work with over 175 cable networks, hundreds of local broadcast stations, and streaming services, and reach all 210 markets in the USA. In addition, we have access to premium networks and over 30 Hispanic networks. We provide exceptional efficiency, return on ad spend, and customer experience to brands and advertisers in traditional TV mediums, while developing our platform alongside changing markets and consumer demand for streaming and Over-The-Top video media.
Work is a significant part of one’s life, and we aim to make work at Continuum worthwhile and rewarding. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices in New York, Chicago and Cardiff, Wales. We believe that our employees are what make us special, and we demonstrate this through intentional community building, generous benefits, and meaningful profit-sharing bonuses.
Join us as we build on what we’ve done well for years, while forging ahead as video consumption and advertising transform in the digital era.
The BI Team:
Everyone on the Business Intelligence team is knowledgeable of all functionalities within the department. We fully believe that each member of the team should be a well-rounded contributor, eliminating single points of failure and ensuring seamlessness when delivering on the day-to-day and long-term projects alike. Whether it is creating and managing visualizations in our reporting platform for our customers to utilize on the front-end, engineering ETLs regarding numerous data sources feeding our dashboards and databases on the back-end, or analyzing the health of the business and presenting upon those findings, you will have a hand in the entirety of the BI platform.
Most importantly, the required level of ambition, critical thinking, organization, and attention to detail is very high on this team. You will be presented with challenges each day that require questioning the status quo and forging your own path in order to meet the greater goal of integrating data into the operations of the company and improving the business’ health. This is a hands-on role and we are looking for someone with meaningful experience in ETL engineering, data visualization, database management, data governance, machine learning, CI/CD, agile and test-driven development, and/or data science.
A more detailed look at your day-to-day (though everyday will be completely different!):
· Engineer ETLs and models for ingesting new datasets and utilize that data for reporting and planning purposes
· Build new dashboards and update existing dashboards for internal and external use
· Automate and update existing legacy data ingestions
· Oversee the scheduled processing of various datasets and troubleshoot any problems that arise
· Collaborate within a small agile team and contribute to all aspects of the development process, from inception through to delivery
· Lead projects to significantly improve and expand the company’s BI platform
· Collaborate with the Director of BI to implement CI/CD team strategy that can scale
· Collaborate with the Head of Product to develop roadmap strategy
· Work closely with clients, partners, and all internal departments to understand their needs, challenges, and goals tied to BI
· Communicate new features and lead training for internal users, clients, and partners
· Analyze, prepare, and distribute various ad hoc reports
· Manage Continuum’s reporting UI, including navigation, user types, and user access
· Evaluate internal and external trends and periodically present them to the business
What your technical skills should look like:
· 3-5 years of experience in BI platform development
· 3 + years of experience scripting and programming in Python (numpy, pandas, sklearn, scipy, selenium, etc.)
· 3 + years of experience with SQL-based database required (Redshift, Athena, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
· 3 + years of experience with data visualization tools required (Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI, etc.)
· 3 + years of experience with Amazon Web Services required (Glue, Lambda, EC2, CloudFormation, etc.)
· 3 + years of experience with Git version control required (Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.)
Things that should describe you:
· Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
· Has very strong attention to detail; can frame details in the context of the bigger picture; meticulous in both planning and execution; uses detail to support arguments and strategy
· Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; able to receive and gives constructive criticism
· Has passion for business intelligence and/or data science career
· Ambitious; excited for a high level of visibility and ability to make a large impact on an organization; career growth focused
· Comfortable presenting and meeting with all levels of the organization (Analyst to CEO)
· Can collaborate as an effective team member, while being independently productive
· Takes vested interest in the company’s well-being, dedicated to efficiency and optimization
What we offer:
We provide employees with an environment in which they can develop their skills and grow as individuals within our team. We do this by providing training opportunities, conference attendance, and subscriptions to online courses. Our aim is that you will think of a role at Continuum Media as more than a salary and more than just a job. To demonstrate this to employees, we provide:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and disability
- Participation in employee profit-sharing bonuses (subject to company performance)
- Life Insurance, EAP, HSA with employer contribution, Pet Insurance option
- Unlimited PTO
- Vacation Incentive Program
- 401K company match
- Remote if not in Denver/NY
- if in Denver/NY Hybrid - 3 days
- US Only