Senior Business Consultant at CSG
The Business Consultant uses product and industry knowledge to assist customers in solving business problems and analyze business requirements, working with Solution Architects to define the technical solutions needed to achieve the business goals and objectives. Serves as the conduit between CSG’s implementation team(s) and the customers’ business stakeholders over the course of the Software Delivery Life Cycle. Required to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and may contribute to pre-sales support and input to RFP responses.
Focus areas in leading consulting engagements include:
- Cross Industry Experience: Experience in business consulting with multiple clients in telecoms (fixed and mobile), cable and media industry delivering software solutions for Business Support Systems. A deep understanding of the operations of different industry sectors and current trends in commercial propositions that clients are adopting to compete.
- Offer Configuration: Experience in designing business solutions for Offer Config and Product Catalog within telecoms cable and media clients. Ability to draw out needs from marketing and commercial owners with client organisations, analyse results and suggest improvements. Deep working knowledge of CSGI solutions for Product Catalog and Offer configuration and related areas.
- Business Consulting: Consulting with clients to draw out needs associated with product management and offer configuration and recommend solutions. Ability to challenge approaches through thought-leadership to draw out best solutions and add value in proposing alternative methods to building product offerings. Experience of working with enterprise clients in B2C and B2B models in delivering product catalog solutions.
- Business Modelling and Functional Specifications: Ability to design and document customer product and offer solutions and document functional needs for input to solution leads across the Ascendon product set.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with Solution leads across the Ascendon product set and Service Delivery teams to define Catalog/Offer solutions within Ascendon through consultation and workshops.
Examples of individual accountability include:
- With a strong understanding of business needs, unlock and translate data analysis into potential solutions to help acquire new customers
- Advising and leading the customer through the transformation programme.
- Journey definition and business process mapping – Map & Gap
- Customer journey transformation
- Identify key revenue streams for customer in order to define transformation
- Presentation of recommended solutions
- Collaborate to create CSG enablement strategy for Services
- Customer management through solution implementation
- Roadmap input, monitoring change and QA
- Champion Ascendon vision and proposition internally and external to CSG
Key Leadership Behaviors include:
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions.
- Drives collaboration; instills accountability
- Deep understanding of business models within telecoms, cable and media verticals: (eTOM and TAM, preferably even SID)
- Critical thinking and ability to constructively challenge
- Rigorous logic and analytics to enable fact-based decisions
- Able to drive consensus, partnerships
- Clear and persuasive communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Telecommunications), MBA (with major in Computing) or equivalent education/experience required.
- 5-7 years of experience as a business/software consultant in the telecommunications or other relevant industry.