HomeAdvisor is seeking data-focused analysts to join our dynamic Product Analytics team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with experience partnering with product.
About the team:
The Product Analytics team provides analysis for and works closely with the product teams who develop and test different consumer and service provider experiences on our site and app. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical knowhow and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
What will you do?
In this role, you will partner with the Growth & SEO product group with the goal of delivering a best-in-class web experience to our customers. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be supporting that mission by helping measure the impact of full-funnel user and growth experiments on key commercial webpages, as well as partnering with product leaders to identify and size up new growth opportunities for the roadmap. This product group depends on a collection of several large-scale internal and external data sources to inform the web strategy for the business. You will partner with product, engineering, content and SEO leaders to help normalize these large and complex data sets and overlay them with core business metrics to uncover trends and growth opportunities.
- Be a valuable partner to the product organization, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Aggregate data from various third-party datasets in our internal database in order to create reporting and make informed business decisions.
- Partner with product for all conversion and consumer experience testing, determine key metrics, build reporting to measure impacts and determine success of tests.
- Learn the complex HA ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data relating to the web experience.
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Adobe Analytics and Looker
What qualities are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with front-end website design or a business analyst role
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Front-end website experience such as conversion rate testing, usability testing and user flow design
- Experience working with large scale external data sources and integrating that data into internal databases
- Looker and/or Adobe Analytics experience strongly preferred
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000-$110,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!