Senior Business Analyst - Growth & SEO at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking data-focused analysts to join our dynamic Product Analytics team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with experience partnering with product.
About the team:
The Product Analytics team provides analysis for and works closely with the product teams who develop and test different consumer and service provider experiences on our site and app. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical knowhow and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
What will you do?
In this role, you will partner with the Growth and SEO product group with the goal of delivering a best in class web experience. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be supporting that mission by helping measure the impact of full-funnel user and conversion rate experiments on key commercial webpages, as well as partnering with product leaders to identify and size up growth opportunities for the roadmap. The SEO product group in particular depends on a collection of several large-scale external data sources to inform the search strategy for the business. You will partner with SEO strategists and analysts to help normalize these large and complex data sets and overlay them with core business metrics to uncover trends and growth opportunities.
- Be a valuable partner to the product organization, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Aggregate data from various third-party datasets in our internal database in order to create reporting and make informed business decisions
- Partner with product for all conversion and consumer experience testing, determine key metrics, build reporting to measure impacts and determine success of tests
- Learn the complex HA ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data relating to the Growth and SEO team
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Adobe Analytics and Looker
What qualities are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with front-end website design or a business analyst role
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Front-end website experience such as conversion rate testing, usability testing and user flow design
- Experience working with large scale external data sources and integrating that data into internal databases
- Looker and/or Adobe Analytics experience strongly preferred
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through