Senior Analytics Engineer at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This person will be responsible for building and testing new curated data products, owning existing internal data services, expanding organizational data literacy, and detecting data anomalies. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring technical leader with a track record of delivering data and mentoring talent.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Optimize and aggregate raw data into a consumable format for downstream users in Decision Science and Business Intelligence
- Implement and utilize engineering best practices and methods to provide quality curated data sets
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to streamline our ETL processes and warehouse environment
- Work cross-functionally across the entire organization to democratize our data strategy and foster data literacy
- Monitor and maintain existing data services
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or data engineer
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Expert in understanding data structures, usage, security, and access
- Experience with a cloud-based data warehouse and architecture (e.g. Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with a modern BI/Data Visualization Platform (e.g. Looker, Mode, Sisense, etc.)
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms is a strong plus
- Understands and has practiced agile software development
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks (Python, Scala, strong SQL, Spark, and Airflow experience highly preferred)
- Experience working with ETL tools like AWS Glue, DBT, or equivalent
- Has worked with Monte Carlo, or equivalent, a plus
- Comfortable mentoring team members and data partners with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
Some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $130,000-$150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.