Research Lead - Innovation at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
About the centralized innovation & incubation team at FIS
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team.
The innovation & incubation team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS. Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. The products delivered by the innovation & incubation team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
The Research team will be responsible for delivering all the data and insights needed to support investment in concepts that come through the innovation & incubation team. The data produced by this team will be the key factor in determining a concept’s path to incubation and eventual delivery to the line of business. The Research team will work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, and operations to drive results for each concept that moves through the product innovation framework.
The Research Analyst will work directly with Head of Research to execute a variety of rigorous primary research efforts including designing research instruments, sourcing interview/survey panels, conducting in-depth interviews, managing compensation, analyzing and synthesizing data and feedback, and distilling findings into clear and impactful presentations. You will also work closely with the Strategy team to execute secondary market research across several sources (e.g., 3rd party market studies, public/government data, financial data platforms, news media, etc.). This position requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, critical thinking and a high level of curiosity. You will be the point person for generating the insights and proof points required to advance a concept to incubation. This is a high-visibility and high-impact role as the innovation & incubation leadership team will rely heavily on your analysis and knowledge to make critical decisions.
About the role (Your key responsibilities):
- Execute primary research efforts from start to finish (including designing interview guides/survey instruments, sourcing panels of interview/survey participants, scheduling and conducting interviews, market-testing prototypes, managing compensation to participants, coding surveys/cutting data, analyzing output, creating slides that synthesize qualitative and quantitative data)
- Develop in-depth insights based on customer and stakeholder feedback and form a defensible opinion on the merits and shortcomings of each concept undergoing validation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and incorporate inputs from product, operations and marketing to guide research efforts and inform evolving objectives
- Manage workstream milestones, budgets and deadlines efficiently, recognizing and accommodating interdependencies when relevant
- Provide daily progress updates to Research Manager and present findings at designated intervals to broader Strategy & Research and innovation & incubation teams
Must Haves (Requirements for this Role):
- Ability to learn and execute all phases of market research study
- Experience leveraging numerous data sources to drive insights and inform a perspective
- Experience working with and analyzing complex datasets and converting data into digestible insights (e.g., charts, slides, etc.)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and enthusiasm for meeting challenges head-on
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage tasks, output and deadlines independently
- Have a collaborative, high-energy, and self-starter attitude
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of previous experience in market research or similar field
Nice to Haves (Not Hard Requirements, but a Bonus!):
- Experience conducting research studies in the tech space, or fintech space, specifically
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge across numerous topics within the fintech space
- The opportunity to inform the direction of FIS by validating concepts that aim to solve some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Direct exposure to a cross-functional team aligned to a common goal
- A driven, creative and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinarily passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.