Ibotta is looking for a Reporting Analyst, CPG Analytics to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Reporting Analyst will lead the development and delivery of compelling, actionable and data-driven insights for our CPG stakeholders. This individual will be working with our internal teams to analyze campaign performance and research market and Ibotta trends to address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
Ibotta captures billions of purchases annually, with over ten thousand brands and across hundreds of retailers, presenting the right candidate with the opportunity to work with one of the most comprehensive and unique (purchasing) data sets in the world.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embracing and upholding Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency, & Advocate for Savers
- Conducting analyses of large amounts of complex behavioral and transactional data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users, campaign performance, and changing market conditions
- Producing quality ad-hoc analyses, sometimes under tight deadlines, consulting with sales team members to build compelling, well-formatted analyses to bring to our clients
- Collaborating effectively with various teams across the organization, including helping customers identify the right questions to ask based on both our data capabilities and knowledge of how to best meet clients needs
- Adhering to and upholding the established SLAs, improving as needed, and providing excellent service while challenging requests as appropriate
- Identifying trends in the data that go beyond the needs of individual requests and projects
- Continuously improving your SQL and other technical skills, learning from highly skilled peers who are eager to teach
- Continuously improving your business skills both from peers who are adept at understanding and meeting business needs, and customers who are very willing to share their business knowledge
What we are looking for:
- 1 - 2 years of experience in analytics or data science
- Strong SQL knowledge and proven data wrangling skills
- Knowledge of, and beginner experience with, modern data analysis tools (e.g., Python, R)
- Strong business acumen, with a proven ability to interpret analysis against business needs, as well as to spot anomalies in results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong formatting of data in an easily-interpretable manner
- Eagerness and curiosity to proactively sharpen both technical and business skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required (e.g., data science, engineering, science, math, etc.); advanced degree a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $60,000 - $80,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.