We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
The Global Practice Leader – Data Analytics will be responsible for creating and driving the Global practice, implementing a worldwide community of Professional Services consulting staff with skills and interest in the target Domain, and aligning this community with the Account Executive & Sales Engineering teams, Marketing, and relevant engineering functions.
The Global Practice Leader will report directly to the Sr. Director of Technical Enablement and will work collaboratively with the extended worldwide Technical Enablement leadership team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Build and grow the practice in collaboration with other Global Practice leaders to translate the Professional Services vision and ongoing daily operations into globally consistent and measurable objectives, metrics, and dashboards. These elements will define and measure the business and engagement success of Alteryx Professional Services programs.
- Work with other Global Practice Leaders as a highly visible team leading and driving a common agenda, cadence, and information flow to foster collaboration and generation, capture and re-use of intellectual property.
- Lead the process to define and implement new Services offerings and delivery Best Practices and templates across the Practice. This includes leveraging existing capabilities and developing new capabilities.
- Participate and contribute domain expertise, including customer use cases as part of standard PS Readiness workshops for emerging technologies that are part of the Domain practice.
- Recognize opportunities to streamline training to new hires, the field, and PS Partners through the development of training courses.
- Work with the PS Partner Manager and Theater Sales Leaders to deliver and enable service delivery partners.
- Engage with senior sales leadership to determine and align Practice activities and sales engagement to prioritized sales programs and promotions, ensuring alignment is driven through all theaters.
- Work with the other Global Practice Leaders to define common global content structure, content form and offering structures to be applied consistently across all practices.
- Partner with Services Marketing to identify gaps and opportunities in the Professional Service portfolio. Partner with the Services Development Team in the development and implementation of new services to meet customer and market demands and to provide new revenue opportunities.
- Facilitate distribution and use of pre-scoped Service packages for Select PS Partners including Datasheets, Delivery Templates, and other collateral as needed.
- Working with the appropriate Engineering teams to integrate Professional Services into the New Product Introduction processes in both product scoping and field readiness phases.
- Gather and communicate feedback on products from the field and communicate them to the engineering teams to facilitate field level feedback.
- Identify current tool set gaps and drive any new tool identification and implementation plans.
- Develop and coach appropriate practice team members.
- Engage with customers when appropriate in world first or strategic engagements with a focus on new service verification and Intellectual Property capture.
- In-depth experience with AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud technologies required.
- Large-scale virtualization solutions architecture and delivery with Enterprise and/or Service Provider customers where virtualization environments such as Open Stack / Contrail, VMware NSX and KVM were used.
- Machine learning techniques and environments, including industry leaders such as Python, R, and Spark.
- Emerging technology architectures built on containers and microservices and orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience in Professional Services consulting delivery, including conflict management and hands on delivery experience of technical projects.
- Excellent understanding of the industry, the customer's business issues, and the most appropriate solution architecture to meet their business goals.
- Proven skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Proven experience in creating a collaborative and teaming environment within teams with a specific focus on best practice development and harvesting of intellectual capital for re-use
- Advocates the use of Professional Services and helps define the Professional Services value proposition, delivery of the value proposition, and helps convince the customer in the use of Professional Services.
- Ensures best practice methodology is used for scoping and delivery.
- Closely monitors progress and quality as well as risks and delays.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results that are the most conducive to the customer environment and assignment.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Possibly reviews the activities of other consultants assigned to deliver the solution.
- Work with team members in a matrix management style organization.
- Typically requires 12-15 years of related experience.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to present at industry events; ability to compare our products and solutions with other industry options.
- History of building trusting relationships with Engineering teams, Sales, Marketing, and service delivery Partners.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment.
- Frequent travel will be required (including international).
Other Job Specifications:
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert collaboration and leadership skills.
- Expert conflict management skills.
- Expert presentation skills.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $132,000 - $230,000. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.