Principal Data Scientist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our work and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Data Scientist role involves working on all the stages of our data pipeline, including acquiring and understanding the data, modeling various algorithms, performing evaluation of the performance of algorithms, and also implementing these solutions in a commercial product either as standalone code or in existing ML frameworks like Spark/MLlib.
- You will become an authority on the product data, including how it is collected and processed
- You will explore the data and answer questions about the data to improve our understanding of the potential of the data
- You will closely interact with both our product and engineering teams to derive requirements for what solutions should be implemented in the product
- You will rapidly prototype, and evaluate statistical and machine learning solutions
- You will collaborate with engineering to implement these solutions into production
- You will communicate your results and explain your solutions to technical and non-technical partners
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- You have experience with Python scikit-learn, Spark/MLlib, or an equivalent framework – required
- You are able to code in Python, Java or Scala - required
- You have the ability to evaluate and tune statistical and ML solutions – required
- You have worked with large datasets, preferably using tools like SQL, Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, or Hive – preferred
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always growing into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps nurture an exceptional environment.
- 8+ years of professional experience requirec
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!