As a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll join the US BI Team in strengthening the SumUp core business by improving marketing campaigns, operations and our product. You’ll be responsible for KPI setting, monitoring and joining different cross-functional teams to launch experiments in order to improve our performance and make the business even more scalable.
What you’ll do
- Challenge and improve the overall KPIs and metrics that help us control the activities for the whole market as well as specifically for each department
- Identify potential to improve our solutions, be part of experiments to learn what works and deliver small increments of value to our merchants
- Provide hands-on insights in a consumer friendly way and establish a data culture for our US business that is about self-service analytics, measuring what matters and acting upon facts
- Implement measures for the Risk and Antifraud, marketing and support teams
- Formulate requirements for OLAP data design and data migration
You’ll be great for this role if
- You’ve previously proven that you can structure your work on your own as well as to come up with your own hypotheses.
- You have at least 7+ years of relevant work experience in a product driven environment.
- Your fluency in Python, expert level SQL skills and experience with version control e.g. Git is considered as must-have.
- You’re curious and adaptable and like to think holistically as well as going into detail.
- You’re a hands-on expert with state of the art BI tools like Tableau and QlikView.
Any of the following are considered a plus
- You have experience with A/B testing and event tracking platforms.
- Your experience with PySpark is considered a huge plus.
- You have experience in the payments industry, B2B or self-service web area, Risk and Antifraud.
- You have experience with formulating requirements for OLAP, relational and NoSQL databases like Snowflake, Prest or Cassandra.
Why you should join SumUp
- We offer relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in the city
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- Powder Day! - An additional day off per year that is used to spend time in the mountains (hiking, skiing, snowboarding, etc.)
- 50% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with up to 6% employer matching.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.