Looker BI Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
ABOUT THE TEAM
HomeAdvisor is looking for Looker BI Developer to play a key role on the BI Reporting team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while delivering high quality data solutions to our internal customers. This is a tight and highly collaborative team that has the ability to work independently.
What you’ll do:
As a Looker BI Developer, you will be responsible for managing the architecture, design, and support of self-service analytics and reporting. This role will work closely with sales, operations, product managers, and senior leadership to define metrics that will drive actionable insights. As the Looker Developer, you are a visionary leader tasked with synthesizing complex data structures into appealing and digestible explorations. Your goal is to create a self-service environment users will visit to codelessly gain deep understanding about the business, and make data-informed decisions central to our company mission. You will be primarily developing LookML, Looker reports, supporting Looker self-serve and training users, while also supporting Oracle Analytics and complex Excel reports.
Who you are:
- 3+ years in a Business Intelligence role
- 2+ years where your primary responsibility is creating self-service content within an Enterprise BI tool such as Looker, Oracle Analytics, MicroStrategy, or Qlik
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Strong, demonstrable SQL and data profiling
- Knowledge of core data warehouse concepts
- Dashboard development with a keen eye for design
- Flexibility to support and develop in a variety of BI tools: Oracle Analytics, Looker, complex Excel dashboards, and occasionally Tableau
- Passion for innovation, analytics and solving new challenges every day
- Hunger for learning, self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $65,000-$90,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!