HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
Data-driven decision making is core to our culture and growth. We're seeking a Lead Data Analyst to lead our ComeHome platform understanding with insightful and actionable analytic storytelling. This role is instrumental to our growth by helping us first grow our world-class data and analytics reporting and translating them into compelling results-driven narratives that improve decision making for our internal teams and external customers.
The ideal candidate will leverage a strong natural curiosity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. They will have a history of helping product teams improve decision making through compelling narratives with strong strategic conclusions. They will be a subject matter expert who partners with stakeholders to provide analysis and insights on strategic initiatives across customer journeys to improve product adoption, retention, conversion and ultimately better understand our customers.
A successful candidate understands and can work across multiple analytics tools including web analytics platforms like Heap, Tableau, and is comfortable working with big data sets and multiple data sources.
If you love to wrangle data from multiple sources, unearth hidden insights, and tell compelling stories across the entire company, we would love to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- Become a subject matter expert on all of our consumer behavior data sources and pipelines
- Be the owner of product analytics and provide insightful business reporting to the company
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to unearth data-driven insights and drive decision making
- Craft compelling narratives, stories and presentations for both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Synthesize complex analyses into concise summaries with actionable recommendations
- Partner closely with our Product, Sales/Customer Success and Finance teams to influence planning and improve sales conversations
- Document, maintain, and extend analytics for our core products and platforms
- Support the team and help manage the end-to-end product analytics process. Jump in when needed!
- Create data visualizations and dashboards to help the team remain focused on our most important KPIs
- Build your own team from scratch
- Never stop asking “why” questions!
What You Have:
- 6+ years in a data analytics or a data science role
- Strong working knowledge of Python (including pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn) or R
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL
- Mastery in presenting data in Excel and other visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.)
- Mastery of oral and written communication skills with examples crafting read-outs in PPT, Google Slides or other visual formats with strong attention to detail and clear narratives
- Experience of analyzing travel, real estate, e-commerce or home services consumer products
- A strategic and outcome-based outlook. Understanding the big picture goals while connecting the dots to the individual data elements
- Genuine curiosity and an overall passion for data analysis
Special Consideration Given For:
- 2 + years experience leading or managing a team of data scientists/analysts
- A basic understanding of real estate and mortgage statistics
- Experience leveraging external analytics platforms such as Heap or Mixpanel Analytics
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Elasticsearch, Zuora and other such external systems
- A fantastic sense of humor
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Boulder. We currently work mostly remote due to Covid-19, but we will be transitioning to a hybrid remote approach (2-3 days in the office) in the Fall of 2021. Come join us!
HouseCanary is Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at HouseCanary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.