HRIS Analyst (Workday)
HRIS Analyst (Workday)
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
01/28/2019 - 17 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Responsible for overall system performance and maintenance, including ensuring information security, testing updates, and improving process efficiency. Provides analytical and technical support to assigned human resources functions, including employment, human resources information systems/records, classification and compensation, employee relations, benefits administration, payroll etc.; ensures data integrity; assists with HRIS releases and application maintenance; participates in functional application testing and implementations; creates and provides reports; establishes and maintains organization metrics and analysis; and performs a wide variety of analytical and technical tasks in assigned area of responsibility in the Department of Human Resources.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Performs a variety of analytical and professional tasks in business processing including recruitment, classification and compensation, and benefits administration.
• Serves as primary strategist for the implementation/management of Workday HCM/payroll. Operates and maintains departmental computer systems and peripherals; schedules and executes applications; inputs data and distributes output; and maintains informational system for the Department of Human Resources.Ensures data privacy.
• Analyzes data relevant to personnel activities and functions; writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports and dashboards for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data as assigned, participates in establishing methods for providing assigned human resource services; identifies resource needs; reviews needs with appropriate management staff; respond to questions and concerns related to assigned human resource activities.
• Assists in the review, testing and implementation of Workday HCM system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains HCM system tables. Documents process and results.
• Performs job evaluation and classification analyses using a variety of evaluation methods; determines salary grade and range assignment; audits classifications for accuracy; recommends adjustments; and prepares job descriptions.
• Conducts surveys; analyzes and matches survey data; prepares reports; and makes recommendations.
• Develops user procedures, training materials and facilitates guides for assigned training programs and workshops; and conducts research on training program effectiveness in meeting University goals and objectives.Trains new human resources staff and system users.
• Maintains confidential personnel records; processes and verifies employee status changes and transfers; and inputs and retrieves a variety of personnel data and information using a computer terminal.
• Interprets human resources policies and procedures; and responds to requests for information and assistance from employees, management, outside agencies and the public.
• Maintains awareness of current trends in HR with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HCM application/tools knowledge. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
• Acts as point of contact for escalated inquiries and concerns from employees and management.
• Review and revise departmental policies, procedures, internal controls, and system updates.
• Identify and lead ongoing process improvements and long range departmental objectives.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Principles and practices of human resource management in assigned area of responsibility.
Methods and techniques of research, data collection and analysis.
Methods and techniques of recruitment, selection and interviewing.
Methods and techniques of advanced report writing.
Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
Office equipment including computer and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Methods and techniques of needs assessment to develop and conduct specialized training programs.
Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
Human Resources legal practices.
Organization and time management.
Computers and applicable software.
Interpersonal relations including the ability to translate technical information to simple language.
Analysis and mathematics to estimate numerical data.
Critical thinking to create innovative solutions to complicated problems.
Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Perform technical and analytical tasks in support of human resources program activities including HRIS, recruitment and selection, job evaluation and classification, compensation and benefits, and training.
Interpret and apply policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Conduct surveys and studies.
Ensure compliance with federal, state and University guidelines.
Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Operate human resources information system utilized by the University (Workday HCM/payroll).
Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position may qualify; Human Resources Department will determine appropriate qualifications. A typical way to obtain the minimum requirements would be:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resource management, public administration, business administration or a related field. Two (2) to three (3) years of related work experience including solid experience configuring Workday. One (1) or more years of project management experience. Systems implementation experience.
8:30am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.