Financial Analyst, Emerging Business at HomeAdvisor
Th Financial Analyst will support ANGI HomeServices' portfolio of smaller, “emerging” home services businesses across the globe. The Finance group is adding a driven, fast paced, creative Financial Analyst to the team who will be responsible for working with Angie’s List and other our North America based emerging businesses.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
The Financial Analyst of Emerging Business will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining reporting on financial and business metrics
- Working with internal teams to understand and explain business trends and variances in the business
- Creation and management of financial forecasts and annual plans
- Performing ad-hoc analyses across multiple business functions
- Providing information and analysis to the business to support and drive strategic decisions
- Presenting and communicating results and recommendations to leadership teams across the organization as well as subsidiaries
- Comfortable working with both on-site and remote teams across different areas of the country
This is not a "take orders' environment - you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor's and Angie's List's business.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, engineering, physics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- 1+ years of professional experience in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- SQL experience
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort working independently
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done.
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.