Engineering Team Lead - Machine Learning Tools at Alteryx, Inc.
Engineering Team Lead - Smart/Predictive
Alteryx is revolutionizing data analytics by providing a complete end to end, self-service platform that allows users to get from business questions to business answers at incredible speeds. Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx!
We're looking for a Team Lead for the Smart/Predictive investment area, where we build out machine learning tools to enable our users to easily build complex predictive models. A successful team lead will be a player-coach - someone that can help keep the team moving forward, but also step in and get your hands dirty when necessary. You will be managing a small group of talented, motivated engineers delivering a cutting-edge software product.
* Manage, mentor, and develop a team of 3-5 engineers.
* Build and grow a collaborative high functioning team.
* Define the vision for your team. You should understand and be able to effectively communicate the intimate details of how to build a given feature, and be able to break down into (estimable) tasks.
* Work with the team to ensure solid engineering practices are followed and they are successful with the agile framework.
* Run/implement and attend scrum ceremonies (standup, refinement, iteration planning, etc...). You should know what everyone is working on, removing blockages, and how it impacts other teams.
* Perform code reviews for the engineers on your team to ensure delivery of clean, performant software.
* Work with the product management team and your team members to break product requirements into actionable work.
* Work with engineers, other team leads, and architects to design a quality product.
* You will be expected to be a servant leader and demonstrates the values of Alteryx and the product development organization
* 3+ years in software development, preferably full-stack
* Strong communication skills and technical background
* Passion for delivering quality software
* Deep knowledge of Python
* Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling