Director, Forecast Modeling at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, Forecast Modeling to scale the effectiveness of a growing team within Employer Experience. In this role, you’ll play a leadership role on a team that uses strategy, process and tools to partner with Guild’s client-facing teams and our clients to effectively budget and forecast the client’s education benefit program and substantiate the on-going expansion of our relationships.
In particular, we’re looking for a team member who can thrive in detecting patterns and themes, supporting a client-facing team that operates in a complex, high-touch environment. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge challenges that will allow us to mature our budgeting and forecasting processes, deepening our relationships with clients.
As a Director, Forecast Modeling, you will:
- Influence critical business decisions by providing insights supported by reporting and analytics
- Lead and build a team of analysts and data scientists to manage budgeting and forecasting for Guild's employers partners
- Manage and execute upon client-facing education benefit program budgets and forecasts working in collaboration with Client Services, Revenue Operations, Partner Analytics, and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data Engineering, Partner Analytics, Technology, and other teams to develop improvements and ongoing maintenance of the forecast model
- Enable GTM (go-to-market) team members to maximize their time with clients by streamlining and standardizing Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead ongoing experimentation with modeling and data science methodologies
- Produce insights, analyses, and recommendations to help employers understand drivers of spend and the impact of changes in student behavior over time
- Effectively manipulate and analyze complicated data sets, partnering with Partner Analytics and Data Engineering as needed to enhance data quality and infrastructure
- Build and own scalable modeling solutions, toolkits, best practice documents, and a consulting approach that can be applied across Guild partner base
- Partner with Client Services leadership to communicate analyses and insights with the opportunity to present to senior client stakeholders
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of total experience in a data science, financial planning & analysis, and / or corporate strategy role; client-facing experience preferred
- Experience leading technical and/or analytical teams in a fast paced environment
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, data visualization, and project management skills
- Strong ability to identify the most meaningful metrics for a given business objective and translate analyses into tangible recommendations for sales and client services teams
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and a client-focused approach
- Comfort presenting financial data to senior stakeholders internally and / or at client organizations with an ability to influence perspectives via data-driven storytelling
- Financial accounting knowledge
- Expertise in model development, maintenance and tuning (including logistic regression, random forest, time-series forecasting), at least one advanced analytics technique (NLP, ML, causal analysis) and at least one coding language (R, at a minimum Python, etc.), and Jupyter Notebook
- Proficient in SQL, Looker (or other data visualization tool), and Excel
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000-$162,500 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth