Decision Scientist at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Decision Scientist who will sit at the intersection of data, technology, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform Guild’s most interesting business needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build algorithms and tools.
As a Decision Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for teams across the organization including Marketing, Product, and Student Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models.
- Identify, validate, and make use of structured and unstructured data from disparate data sources in order to perform analyses aimed at highlighting trends and opportunities.
- Define and monitor adherence to best practices to ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help make impactful decisions, working closely with other data teams to manage Guild’s data assets.
- Design, develop, and deploy A/B tests and algorithms to help better serve our students, using results to drive improved outcomes.
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions by translating business needs into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, and analyzing the business case and tradeoffs.
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Kalyan Nanduru, Kate Rossiter, and Christine Hettinger.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in decision science, data science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven business experience with SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus), and familiarity with a scripting language like Python or R.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Analytics and reporting experience in a B2B sales environment.
- Exposure to analytics related to digital marketing and/or product development/optimization.
- Highly experienced in a scripting language like Python or R.
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000 - $100,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth