Decision Scientist, Core Data at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Decision Scientist to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Our newly formed and growing Core Data Team provides high-quality, on-time analytics products, and services across all business areas and teams within Ibotta. We do this by providing thought leadership, subject matter expertise, evangelism, and governance of business-critical data science initiatives.
As a Decision Scientist, you’ll have the unique, challenging, and rewarding opportunity to build the foundation of data and decision science within the company. You’ll be able to create and own greenfield opportunities to make positive impacts on the business across several teams and business areas. You’ll have the chance to own the technology of one or more important core business domains. You'll also be able to grow organizational and leadership skills by contributing to team and company best practices while learning from technology leaders who want you to be successful.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values of Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency, & Advocate for Savers to help Make Every Purchase Rewarding
- Provide subject matter expertise and ownership of one or more of the company’s core business domains
- Contribute to creating best practices for the team
- Initiate and drive collaboration with stakeholders, architects, and data engineers to discover, define, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis
- Analyze large and novel datasets to extract actionable insights to inform business decisions and understand consumer behavior
- Provide customized views of large and complex datasets to support data analysis and business decision-making
- Work with Senior Decision Scientists to inform experimental design to formulate solutions addressing major business challenges and innovation opportunities
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical function
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to distill complex analytical solutions into actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas
- Curiosity and the commitment to continually ask questions of our data and business
- Ability to translate ambiguous business questions into structured data problems
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with the capability to prioritize effectively
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Ability to build concise and compelling data visualizations with current data visualization tools (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $80,000 - $100,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.