Database Engineer at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Database Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Function: Data Center Operations
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Mid Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Database Engineer at Xactly Corporation, you'll be responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of relational and non-relational databases, software and related products.You'll also manage our all flash storage infrastructure that supports these databases. Job responsibilities include day-to-day management and support of multiple production, staging and development environments. As a part of the Operations team, you'll be maintaining the Xactly infrastructure, working closely with Support, Dev and QE teams to troubleshoot database, application and performance related issues and work through resolution.
Xactly's Data-platform team is a tight-knit highly talented global team that has diverse backgrounds and expertise. We understand that not everyone works the same way and strive to create a flexible open environment to allow you to create the work/life balance that works best for you.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting and managing production Oracle and Postgres databases.
- Skilled in SQL and PL/SQL and performance tuning, Standby DBs and data replication.
- Experience with Non-relational datastores like Couchbase.
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data platforms.
- Scripting skills in either shell or PERL.
- Knowledge of data mart, business intelligence , ETL (Pervasive and Informatica) is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated, works effectively with minimal supervision, takes direction well.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
- Able to work extended hours when needed and available to be on 24 X 7 call for after hours support on a rotating basis.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Get familiar with our Database and Application architecture.
- Get involved in our monthly release cycle for our application and infrastructure.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- You'll be familiar with our BAU support and get into oncall rotation to support our production environments.
- Get indepth knowledge of different relational and non-relational databases and applications used in Xactly
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Get involved in database team projects and POCs run on Xactly on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Work on continuous improvement efforts to optimize and automate our regular operations.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Owning database related projects and work on designing, planning, building and implementation of these projects.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
- Periodic Massages
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance through Preferred Partner
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.