Data Warehouse Administrator at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sling TV is the #1 over-the-top (OTT) live streaming content platform that delivers live TV and on-demand entertainment instantly to a variety of smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and streaming devices.
Data Warehouse Administrator
As a Data Warehouse Administrator at the Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics, you are a key member responsible for different lifecycle processes from building to managing Data Warehouse.
You shall collaborate with various teams with different roles including but not limited to Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Business Analysts and various other teams in the enterprise and ensure smooth operations of the Data Platform.
You will provide technical leadership for the team. You will ensure critical projects as well as higher level production support are delivered with high quality and collaboration with internal team members.
- Data Warehouse Administrator should ensure the integrity and availability of thetechnology platform responsible for powering Data Warehouse programs across the company.
- By working collaboratively with data engineers, analysts, engineers, and scientists, the Data Warehouse Administrator creates and calibrates right set of processes to help meet established KPIs and SLAs for availability, performance, and security.
- Work fluently with relational databases, cloud services, monitoring tools, and virtual machines, coupled with a pragmatic and organized approach to managing large Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Partner with the developers and analyst to fine tune the solutions for high performance. Should be proficient in SQL and PL/SQL tuning for optimization.
- Create monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure established KPIs and SLAs are met/exceeded
- Create and manage approval loops and coordinate production code releases
- Manage server and application upgrades and patches
- Maintain appropriate process and design documentation for current infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- User Setup/Audit/Removal, including database role and permission management
- Conduct regular proactive reviews of the environment, provide regular reports on availability, usage, and growth
- Provide escalated incident and administrative support, as required
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Experience with Data Warehouse administration – Experience in using AWS
- Redshift / Snowflake data warehouses highly desirable.
- Experience in Data Warehouse with Data Marts built on AWS Stack
- Experience in managing AWS Lake Formation, Datalake, Redshift, Glue ETLs, AWS EMR
- Proficiency with RDBMS, Extensive experience in SQL/PLSQL Query performance tuning.
- Admin experience with any ETL technologies
- Proficient and hands on experience developing with scripting language
- Proficiency with development tools (Git/SVN, Artifactory, Maven, Jenkins)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)