Data Scientist at Well Data Labs
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Design and build models to address customer and business needs, improve customer experience, revenue generation, and other major business outcomes.
- Work closely with the organization’s stakeholders on implementing, deploying, and monitoring machine learning/artificial intelligence models that are integrated with key product features.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Create maintainable projects with documentation
- Do ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Learn the intricacies of the completions data life-cycle (Don’t worry, we have engineers, scientists, and product experts that will teach you everything you need to know!)
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- 3-5 years of working experience with applied knowledge of probability, advanced statistics, data mining, and machine learning
- 3-5 years of experience building models and systems based on statistics or machine learning. Working knowledge of time-series analysis, signal processing, and/or geostatistics.
- Proficient in at least one of Python or R. Solid working knowledge of SQL, Pandas and numpy (in Python) or tidyverse (in R). Familiarity with Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch, Linux, and SpotFire is a plus. Must have experience interacting with JSON/REST APIs.
- Comfortable using source control systems and their associated ecosystems, e.g., Git and Github/Bitbucket
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, regression, trees (incl. forests and boosting), dimensionality reduction, recommendation systems, optimization, and deep learning
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on model development and deployment. Driven to learn and master new technologies and techniques, to take initiative, and to contribute to the development of the department.
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills
Benefits While Working at Well Data Labs:
- Competitive salaries
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (we don’t work late nights or weekends)
- Belief in a holistic view of employee satisfaction, backed up by generous time off, employee stock options, company sponsored 401k match, great health, dental, and vision insurance, cell phone stipend, and more!
- We've been awarded one of the Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal three years in a row!
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
- Salary range: $85K-$120K