Data Scientist at The18.com
Who We Are
The18 is a fast-growing digital soccer media company, providing the most engaging soccer content for young fans on the18.com and across social platforms. We are guided by our vision and values. Our vision is simply: Be Better. Like the great players and teams in sports, we are constant in our pursuit of being the best we can be. Our values are: passion for sport, accountability for actions and outcomes, excellence in everything we do, and community.
Today, we engage 10M+ monthly active users and see 25M+ monthly content engagements across platforms, including 10M+ video views. We are the largest soccer media company based in the U.S.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, with a positive, collaborative, high-performing team working together to achieve big goals. Our team works hard and is passionate about our company and what we do. We’re also passionate about our fun, in-it-together company culture. Whether it’s our annual company soccer match, monthly all-team lunches, or enjoying a few beers and foosball in our downtown Boulder digs, we enjoy each other’s company.
What We Are Looking For
The18 is looking for a data scientist to join us in our Boulder office. We’re seeking a talented, passionate professional with a proven track record using data in meaningful ways to build product, create proprietary solutions and support decision-making.
You will work on a wide range of opportunities across The18’s platforms, in particular working on products and services that help our content creators and curators make better decisions in real time, as well as helping power consumer-facing experiences that improve the more they are used by our fans.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, curious, positive and hard-working person who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Collect, interpret, and disseminate data to allow for fast product and content experimentation, leading to better outcomes.
- Build learning loops in which user experiences generate insights used to create growth and engagement across different platforms.
- Helping us establish our soccer data as a competitive advantage.
- Work with leadership to identify key user segments based on behavior
- Participate in the implementation of a data management platform to organize and act on our cross-platform data
- Support development of awesome and actionable data tools – dashboards, A/B testing platforms and the like.
- Share your passion and understanding of data with the rest of the team, helping our editorial, engineering and other teams make better decisions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2+ years of industry experience, working on data-related initiatives.
- Have experience in applying machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms, or classification techniques towards consumer-facing products and tools.
- Show strength with Python programming language and SQL query language.
- Work with an entrepreneurial mindset, approaching tasks flexibly and with creativity, often managing multiple projects at once.
- It’s a bonus if you have experience working with a data management platform such as Adobe Audience Manager.
- Experience with social data or media is a plus.