As a Data Scientist on the Healthgrades team, you will support various groups within our company and have a wealth of data at your fingertips (think 45 million records in some cases). With this exciting opportunity, you will serve as a crucial member of our growing Data Science Department with the goals of improving Healthgrades’ capabilities and opportunities for measurement, clinical outcomes research, and creation of new measures of interest to consumers.
You will support the Data Science Department by conducting research and performing statistical analyses. This work will advance Healthgrades’ central initiative to provide hospital- and physician-related measures of healthcare quality to consumers, while connecting consumers with the right physicians and hospitals. Apply today if this sounds exciting to you!
What You Will Do:
- Research, write, and review current or future analysis methodologies and develop new metrics for associated methodologies. Continually research methodologies used by other organizations or researchers
- Conduct statistical analyses and document findings using appropriate statistical methodology and diagnostic/exploratory tests
- Perform data analysis and translate findings or variations for business and clinical audiences
- Build statistical models using R and/or SQL to build new products or intellectual property
What You Will Bring:
- 2+ years of experience and Advanced degree in applied statistics, epidemiology, and/or health care analytics-related field
- Background in healthcare outcomes data analysis using R
- Familiarity with large-scale relational databases, data transformation, and data queries using SQL
- Knowledge of and proficiency with advanced regression methods including, but not limited to HLM, lasso/ridge logistic regression, elastic nets, and unsupervised machine learning techniques like PCA in R
- History of developing and applying statistical modeling methodologies and analytical tools
- Experience preparing, writing, and publishing research papers as well as excellent research and evaluation skills, including performing literature searches and applying statistical methods found in the literature
- Proven ability to provide descriptive explanatory summaries of statistical methods used to a variety of audiences, including consumers, patients and executive leadership
- Desire and proven record conducting analytical deep dives
- A real passion for the healthcare industry and for solving problems through intelligent and high-quality research
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!