Guild is hiring for a Data Scientist to develop, deploy, and measure algorithms and operational changes to power Guild’s interactions with students through marketing, operations, and the product so we can efficiently and effectively support students at scale.
In particular, we are looking for a driven data scientist who can effectively partner with teams across the organization to build systems so we can leverage data to help our teams and students. You’ll sit at the intersection of data, product, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform Guild’s most interesting business needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Mine structured and unstructured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses
- Aggregate data from disparate data sources to help identify areas for product, operations, and marketing growth and optimization
- Work with product, engineering, and operational teams to collect new data and ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help the business grow
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Mike Cornelius (Director of Enrollment Services), Sean McEwen (Sr. Data Engineer), & Emily Nava (Sr. Director of Business Operations Tools & Research).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, data science, or a related technical role.
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL, and data technologies (ex. snowflake, redshift, AWS, Looker, etc.)
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.