WDL Core Values
- Create value
- Act with integrity
- Embrace transparency
- Deliver results
- Strike a balance
- Celebrate as a team
About this position:
- We are looking for a data lovin’, independent but collaborative, self-driven, Data Scientist to join our Research and Development team!
- WDL's research team uses machine learning to automate the analysis and recognition of events in time-series metered data generated in the field. This role requires the ideation and prototyping of robust, production-level machine learning solutions
- This is a contract to hire position with intent to hire this person on full time! Please apply only if you have the intent to join our team full-time.
- This is a great position for someone who has a 1-2 years of experience and would like to work in a supportive environment where you can contribute and learn. (Not a great position for Senior candidates.)
- Well Data Labs offers paid parking, a casual office, stocked kitchen and flexible schedules.
Characteristics & Mindset of a Successful Candidate:
- Insatiable curiosity for data and machine learning
- Collaborative self-starter who takes initiative and can self-manage
- Analytical mind, problem-solving aptitude, and business acumen
Responsibilities & Opportunities of the Role:
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing machine learning models that address key customer and market needs and that are integrated with key product features
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Create maintainable projects with documentation
- Do ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Learn the intricacies of the completions data life-cycle (Don’t worry, we have engineers, scientists and product experts that will teach you everything you need to know!)
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- Graduate student working toward a degree in Petroleum Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics. Recent graduates will be considered.
- 1- 2 years of strong conceptual knowledge and background in probability, applied statistics, data mining, and machine learning
- 1- 2 years of experience with statistical programming and structured data development
- Well-versed knowledge of Python, R - Familiarity with SQL, Keras, Tensorflow, Spotfire, AWS, Linux, Hadoop, Scala, Java or C++ is a plus
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, recommendation systems, optimization, deep learning, and natural language processing. Knowledge of time-series signal processing is a plus
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
Why we really like working here:
- Family-friendly company with leadership that encourages a life outside of work (we don’t work late nights or weekends)
- Opportunity for real-world experience and career growth beyond the Internship
- Awesome office in LoDo (Downtown Denver)
- Focus on a culture of diversity (of thought and background)
- We've been awarded one of the Best Places to Work by Denver Business Journal!
- And we work from home every Friday!