Data Scientist at Visible
Visible & You
At Visible, we’re building a new, entirely digital way to deliver mobile phone service to fit the needs of people who live their lives on their phones. With one simple price, we offer unlimited data, messages, and minutes, on America’s best 4G LTE network. Based in Denver, CO, we’re a team of passionate people imagining and building the future of mobile phone service, while creating a new culture and ways of doing business from ground up. No single day will feel the same, and change is the only constant. If you love all of that, plus the challenge of delivering the best experience to our customers in the simplest ways (and knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
This is a full-time position based at the Visible headquarters in Denver, CO, where you will collaborate with team members across functions as well as our executive team.
Your Role at Visible
As a candidate joining us from during these early months, you will have a huge impact on what our company offers its consumers and the culture of our new company.
- Starting from the initial phase you will be architecting the Business Intelligence and Machine Language / Artificial Intelligence systems to gather insights into our customers’ usage on our Website and Mobile Portal.
- Apply machine learning and optimization algorithms to maximize the efficiency of our business and minimize risks.
- Build, validate, and test predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Identify, collect, and explore the right data used for predictive modeling and algorithm development.
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores, perform ad-hoc analysis, and report analysis results.
- Identify business insights and business opportunities using complex customer data, customer usage trend and product usage data
- Leverage pattern detection to come up with solutions to loosely defined problems
- Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy or other advance business intelligence tools a plus
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Produce dynamic data driven analytic solutions to support the strategic goals of the company
- Support deep dive analysis requested by executives and cross-functional leaders.
- You’ll be working directly with a Vendor to develop these and also will liaise with the other development teams and operations managers.
What You Bring to Visible (a.k.a. qualifications)
- 8+ Years of expertise in building Business Intelligence models and frameworks
- 5+ years of experience applying data science, data mining and statistical techniques within an organization.
- Experience with statistical tools like SAS / R. Experience with analytical tools like Matlab / SPSS.
- Familiarity with advanced statistical and operations research modeling tools, machine learning and data engineering
- Experience working with large data sets to solve problems.
- Familiarity with relational databases and Experience with Spark and/or Hadoop is a big plus.
- Experience with deep learning library like TensorFlow and/or Theano is a big plus.
- Expertise in Machine Language / Artificial intelligence for business intelligence.
- Expertise in implementation, configuration, usage of the Google Analytics suite or similar product.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, decision-making skills and proven ability to discern critical from minor problems.
- Ability to innovate new solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation and negotiation and the ability to work with internal and external customers
- MS or PHD in statistics or related field highly desirable
More about Visible
We are proud to work at a place free from discrimination. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our team and a better product for our members. Come join us at Visible and be part of changing the way mobile phone service works for everyone.