Kapost’s mission is to enable marketers to connect more authentically with their customers through content. We do this by building a single platform that lets our customers plan marketing campaigns, collaborate on content across teams, and measure the value of the work that they do. Our platform is used by some of the best B2B brands in the world like GE Digital, IBM, Salesforce, Adobe, and LinkedIn.
Kapost is forming a Data Science team for the first time, and in this role you would be the founding Data Scientist! Come help us build this team from the ground up!
Kapost has a wealth of interesting data that we can both learn from to better inform us about our customers’ behaviors, but also help improve our user experience through applications of machine learning to our products.
The Data Science team at Kapost will provide tools to the rest of the Kapost engineering teams to allow them to embed actionable intelligence across the Kapost product suite. They will apply machine learning techniques to enable our customers to spend less time doing monotonous actions, and more time finding insight via data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build machine learning models to solve problems like suggesting tags for content with customer specific taxonomies, personalized search results, or finding patterns in what makes content effective
- Working with large, messy data sets, to streamline the data, process it and turn it into actionable insights
- Work with product managers and designers to understand the business objectives and translate that into requirements
- Partner with engineering, working closely to take the models and algorithms and turn them into useful tools available to the rest of the engineering organization
- Make business recommendations (cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective communication and presentation to drive roadmap and strategy decisions
- Iteratively build and improve pipelines to continually improve the customers’ and internal stakeholders’ experiences
What you’re like:
- Accountable. This role must both be able to build new machine learning models, but then also see those brought to fruition so that we can actually deliver customer value (through a partnership with engineering).
- Product-focused. You may have come from an academic or theoretical background, but you have some experience applying data science and machine learning concepts into software products.
- Great listener and communicator. You will be working with engineers, product managers, designers and business analysts. You need to be able to both interpret customer needs and communicate out your vision for how we can solve their challenges.
- Self-directed. We are a very collaborative and supportive team, but as the first Data Scientist on the team, you should be able to make recommendations on how we should proceed in our data science initiatives.
- 100% paid health insurance
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Work-life balance is a core value. We have yoga at lunch, can work from home on Wednesdays (which also happens to be “no meeting Wednesdays” for heads-down work), and you can bring your dog to work (as long as Fido doesn’t chew on the wires)
- In-office bicycle storage plus a free Eco-Pass and neighborhood parking pass
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch every Friday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular happy hours (we’ve cooked together at Food Lab, went bowling, and solved more problems together at escape rooms)
- Annual company retreat & holiday party
- We give you money for a new laptop every 3 years