Data Scientist (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
WHO WE ARE:
TIFIN is a fintech platform backed by industry leaders including JP Morgan, Morningstar, Broadridge, Hamilton Lane, Franklin Templeton, Motive Partners and a who’s who of the financial service industry. We are creating engaging wealth experiences to better financial lives through AI and investment intelligence powered personalization. We are working to change the world of wealth in ways that personalization has changed the world of movies, music and more but with the added responsibility of delivering better wealth outcomes.
We use design and behavioral thinking to enable engaging experiences through software and application programming interfaces (APIs). We use investment science and intelligence to build algorithmic engines inside the software and APIs to enable better investor outcomes.
In a world where every individual is unique, we match them to financial advice and investments with a recognition of their distinct needs and goals across our investment marketplace and our advice and planning divisions.
- Shared Understanding through Listening and Speaking the Truth. We communicate with radical candor, precision and compassion to create a shared understanding. We challenge, but once a decision is made, commit fully. We listen attentively, speak candidly.
- Innovate with Creative Solutions. We believe that disruptive innovation begins with curiosity and creativity. We challenge the status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
- Make Magic for our Users. We center around the voice of the customer. With deep empathy for our clients, we create technology that transforms investor experiences.
- I Win for Teamwin. We believe in staying within our genius zones to succeed. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude. When we tap into our unique potential, we can come together to win together. We fly in formation, we cover each other's backs.
- Grow at the Edge. We are driven by personal growth. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
We have a built a centralized data platform at TIFIN, leveraging the combined data from all of our services to build a more complete picture of what investors want. It provides digital distribution insights and infrastructure for asset managers, derived from proprietary, partner, and third-party data.
We are looking for a subject matter expert in Fund Distribution Data Science to join this team. The ideal candidate comes from an Asset Management firm and understands how data models are built and used internally for the purpose of optimizing digital fund distribution channels to increase AUM per client and product reach. We are looking for someone who can bring this expertise to our team so that we can more effectively provide meaningful data insights to be used for machine learning.
You must be a motivated and tenacious self-starter who is comfortable interpreting technology requirements, based on business requirements, and implementing them with maximum impact to the users. You will be expected to develop technology that minimizes technical debt while maximizing the customer experience. This is a high impact role on a lean team that is results-and execution-oriented. We are a team of do-ers!
- Design and implement solutions associated with a wide variety of unstructured text data, used for data/text mining, analysis to enable informed business decisions
- Gains insight into key business problems and deliverables by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine unstructured and structured data from multiple data sources
- Responsible for modeling complex business problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, and visualization techniques
- Responsible for following consistent practices to ensure data integrity and deal with imperfections in data
- Responsible for creating meaningful data visualizations to communicate results and highlight business impact; utilize various techniques and delivery methods of visualization that are audience-appropriate
- Uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via an increasing understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis
- Finds patterns in the data and finding correlation in related or unrelated variables
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years of data science experience, specifically working with financial data (ideally in a startup environment)
- Analytics Experience in the Wealth Advisory or Asset Management industry
- Experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, predictive modeling, text mining, and topic modeling
- Strong familiarity with unstructured data
- Advanced analytic programming skills, data mining and building models in Python
- Knowledge of ML Python packages and tools, particularly those developed for NLP techniques
- Experience with Big Data Tools, such as SQL and Spark
- Ability to work comprehensively with a variety of databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with modern data technologies (ie Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, Postgres)
- Proficient in managing product development deadlines, overcoming roadblocks, and managing expectations
- Must be able to drive appropriate documentation including requirements and technical documentation
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, ideally with a Masters of PhD degree
- Ability to thrive in a highly demanding, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity, and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- A top performer with a proactive approach who has a “doer” & problem-solver mentality
- An exceptional team player with strong communication skills
- A local presence in Denver or Boulder is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $120,000 - $160,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for incentive compensation.
TIFIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Performance linked variable compensation, including equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible PTO policy and Company-paid holidays
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities
- Fully stocked office kitchens
- Company sponsored events like Qi Gong, Lunch & Learns, Development Workshops, Dinners, Happy Hours, and more!
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization
A note on location. While we have team centers in New York City, San Francisco, Charlotte, and Mumbai, TIFIN is headquartered in Boulder, CO and our preference is to build the team here whenever possible, so relocation packages are available for any candidate willing to relocate to the Boulder area.
TIFIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.