Data Scientist II at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Our team of Data Scientists works on Customer Lifecycle Analytics. We have end-to-end engagement, from designing solutions with stakeholder, coding the solutions, releasing the processes, and maintaining the process through the lifetime duration. We build predictive models predicting churn, pricing algorithms, forecasts, and customer engagement touch point optimization.
What you will be doing:
You will be working with the team in an Agile environment. You will be a part of designing solutions, coding solutions, and production support of the finalized process. You will use R-studio, SQL (Impala/Hive), and Hadoop Distributed File System as well as Cloud Data Platforms.
• Employ machine learning and statistical modeling to create and enhance data driven products
• Analyze and extract insights from internal and external data
• Work with Big Data and transform complex datasets into more usable formats
• Work with a variety of data science tools and programming languages such as SAS, Python, R, Scala, SQL
• Work independently and collaborate with other groups to solve complex problems
• Create and present analyses
• Document models and write code to track and monitor models and product performance
• Understand the realities of model development and make pragmatic and business-aware choices when trading-off sophistication and accuracy versus implementation and performance costs
• Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with predictive modelling using data science tools and languages.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., iterative and other modern approaches to software development.
- Ability to clearly present complicated findings to business professionals in a language they can understand.
- Ability to develop and enforce best practices relating to code structure, style, and documentation.
Added bonus if you have:
- Ability to bridge the gap between a problem and potential solutions
- Ability develop in an iterative manner, solving the most important and basic problems first. Taking feedback. And developing into more complex solutions.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.