Data Science Analyst
The Data Science and Analytics team charter is to provide data analysis services to the entire organization to generate actionable decisions. We are looking for a Data Scientist or Analyst.
Successful candidates will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. We also will do modeling and predictive and pro-active analysis.
They will also be curious, friendly, excited by new technology, flexible, detail-oriented and collaborative.
- Query noSQL and SQL DBs, interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, and data analytics.
- Acquire data from primary and/or secondary data sources and maintain data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and "clean" data.
- Work with peers and management to prioritize information needs.
- Look for opportunities to continually improve processes and products.
- Experience with Python and SQL (Hive experience is highly desirable)
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, Aurora, Redshift and S3)
- Experience with R is a plus
- ML/AI experience is nice to have
- Tableau experience is desirable
- Experience with a Unix-like Operating System preferred
Typically 5+ years experience with a Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field (math, statistics, etc) and/or Masters