Data Governance Business Analyst
Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Data Governance Business Analyst
The Data & Analytics team is in search of someone who is passionate about data, analytics, quality and governance. The position will work closely with business users and project owners to onboard critical data assets and processes into the Prologis datalake with utmost quality and governance. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator and strategic planner that can lead others through influence and collaboration. Realm of responsibilities also includes the management of the Data Governance platform (powered by Collibra) and operating model.
The ideal candidate:
- Takes a consultative approach leveraging their knowledge and experience to lead others through influence and collaboration
- Effectively communicates data governance best practices to stakeholders
- Harmonizes best practice with business culture, accounting for speed of business with focus on business value over perfection
- Exhibits ownership of a business process and its’ outcome, working towards specific goals
- Is an open and engaging communicator, likes to work as part of a collaborative team
- Exhibits the ability to work independently, manage priorities and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner; within the constraints of service level agreements
- Is curious, investigative, seeks to understand and likes to share knowledge and information with others
- Enjoys maintaining information in an organized structure, conducting research, synthesizing information, applying reasoning and making decisions
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- 3+ years as data governance steward or similar position
- 3+ years implementing and maintaining Collibra for Data Governance
Data Governance Operations
- Maintain the assets and meta-model ensuring their quality and accuracy
- Establish strong business relationships and maintain communication with stewards and business stakeholders
- Track and report data governance operations and performance metrics
- Regular status and progress reporting on Data Governance initiatives
- Manage, triage, and respond to inquiries which come into the Data Governance inbox
- Train others on Data Governance and management best practices
- Engage with and support projects and initiatives, representing Data Governance tasks along the project or program lifecycle. Engage with business functions and other projects to intake new subject areas or assets into the data governance platform
- Develop subject area expertise to understand critical data assets, information needs, and the full data lifecycle
- Lead and facilitate work sessions with business functions and projects to define data governance requirements, business term definitions and logical data models
- Define and document data requirements and definitions in support of projects and initiatives
- Perform and maintain Data Flow Mappings, analyze business processes to understand where, how, and who creates, reads, updates data for critical business attributes
- Identify and raise to attention to data impacts, dependencies and interdependencies
- Identify data or information assets to be governed and manage them through the governance process
Collibra Administration and Design
- Define and manage the Collibra implementation strategy using the native functionality, according to governance best practices and in alignment with business priorities and objectives.
- Translate Data Governance requirements and Prologis data and information assets into the Collibra assets and build the relationships between the assets
- Define and implement Data Governance workflows using the Collibra functionality to fit Prologis culture and speed of business.
- Perform and manage the tasks to operate data governance on the Collibra platform
- Define and document guiding principles and best practices for operating Data Governance and Data Quality Management on the Collibra platform. Communicate and train others on these practices as required. Research and understand existing and planned Collibra functionality and recommend best uses
- Develop content and train community managers, stewards and other users
- Provide oversight and direction to other data stewards working in Collibra
- Define, document and train on best practices for defining and governing data and information assets in Collibra (e.g. Business Term names and definitions)
Prologis offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.