Data Engineer at Zoom Video Communications
We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The Data Science team lies at the foundation of Zoom's success - you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of engineers, scientists, marketers, and product professionals on some of the most critical projects in the company - whether it's exploratory research to predict user behavior, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models that deliver "happiness" to our users more consistently and at scale.
If you are passionate about data engineering and looking to join a fun and fast-moving team, we'd love to meet you! Our team is taking Zoom's data culture to the next level by integrating predictive models into our infrastructure, and we are looking for someone like you to help us get there! This role is based in most places in the US.
- Partner with architecture and other senior leads to address the data needs of our rapidly-growing business
- Join a group of passionate people committed to delivering "happiness" to our users and to each other
- Partner with data scientists, sales, marketing, operation, and product teams to build and deploy machine learning models that unlock growth
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs
- Write complex and efficient code to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by coding across several languages such as Java, Python, Scala and or SQL
- Design, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create
- Bachelor's/Masters degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent
- Three or more years of relevant software engineering experience (Python, Scala and Java) in a data-focused role
- Passion for creating data infrastructure technologies from scratch using the right tools for the job
- Experience in solving complex data processing and storage challenges through scalable, fault-tolerant architecture
- Experience in designing and building highly scalable and reliable data pipelines using BigData (Airflow, Python, Redshift/Snowflake).
- Software development experience with proficiency in Python, Java, Scala or another language.
- Passionate about data engineering, analytics, distributed systems and solving complex data problems.
- Prior experience shipping scalable data solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and database technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, SQL/NoSQL and or columnar databases
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram