Data Engineer at BillGO
A Data Engineer that likes being part of a team working closely to solve problems. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly-growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Salary and Benefits: We offer very competitive salaries and benefits, including unlimited PTO and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work, including sit/stand desks
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of snacks and drinks – if we don’t have something you’d like, we’ll get it for you
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO – we have an on-site workout room and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office with great views, and fantastic brews
We do ask that you are already local or are willing to relocate. If you like the outdoors, beer and no humidity, you'll love it here! But even if you don't like those things, there is plenty of other stuff to do. Check out what Fort Collins has to offer http://www.visitftcollins.com/
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
BillGO is looking for a motivated individual with a passion for a Data Engineer to join our team. The Data Engineer is a unique position that would have a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and support ETL pipelines with robust monitoring and alarming
- Develop data models that are optimized for business understand-ability and usability
- Develop and optimize data tables using best practices for partitioning, compression, parallelization, etc.
- Develop and maintain metadata, data catalog, and documentation for internal business customers
- Help internal business customers troubleshoot and optimize SQL and ETL solutions to solve reporting problems
- Work with internal business customers and partner technical teams to gather and document requirements for data publishing and consumption
4+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field with experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
Experience with core development skills (Git, SQL, Jira, Agile, etc.)
Data modeling and ETL development experience
Experience with coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
Experience with cloud computing technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.)
Recommended but not required:
Experience in functional programming languages (Scala, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Parquet
Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, etc.
Experience with ML frameworks (scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Spark ML, etc.)
The compensation range for this role is $100k to $140k. This range is based on local market assessments, and may vary depending on experience and qualifications.