Data Engineer at Adswerve, Inc.
Adswerve is looking for an aspiring Data Engineer to join the Technology Team. The ideal candidate for this key position will possess a natural tendency toward analytical thinking, combined with strong data engineering skills. They will be naturally curious about data purity, big data analysis, machine learning, and product development. Reporting to the Chief of Technology, the Data Engineer will integrate different data sources from across the organization, producing actionable data that our internal teams can use to make informed business decisions. In the first six months, the Data Engineer will work to improve Adswerve’s data collection and reporting capabilities on Google Marketing Platform data, providing valuable insights for internal business partners.
- Develop apps (visualization, routing data, cleaning data, access to data, interacting with data) within Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Develop various Big Data capabilities in GCP for our different systems, aligning them with business strategies and reporting requirements
- Architect data solutions for scale, resiliency and maintainability, leveraging various cloud providers which meet technical, security and business needs for applications and workloads
- Execute strategic engineering proof of concepts and contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Develop monitoring strategies for infrastructure, platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends
- Translate solutions and complicated concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Science - OR - equivalent experience in data engineering
- Strong SQL or MySQL query writing experience with the ability to take a request and transfer it into a query
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with on-time delivery, the highest quality, and creativity in the approach
- Ability to listen and understand business needs and creatively develop solutions
- Ability to work on a team and manage and prioritize individual workloads
- Strong desire to become a proficient Data Engineer for a fast paced company
As a leading Google Marketing and Cloud partner, Adswerve is a team of media and analytics veterans who believe smart marketing is built on data discovery. Formerly two separate entities, Adswerve acquired Analytics Pros in August of 2018 and is now able to provide unparalleled expertise across the entire Google Marketing and Cloud Platforms. With offices in Denver, Seattle and New York, Adswerve helps thousands of digital marketers, data analysts and agencies make stronger connections with their customers through successful data-driven strategies.
We have a vibrant, team-oriented company culture where employees are respected for their experience, contributions and collaboration. Adswerve is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills and unique perspectives. Our top-tier partnership with Google provides accelerated growth opportunities and a positive, rewarding environment for employees. We offer a fun workplace and promote a healthy work-life balance. Full-time employees are eligible for excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with no premiums for employees, along with paid time off, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements and 401(k) plan.
Adswerve is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Adswerve will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
If you need application assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (720) 242-9837 ext. 5 for Human Resources or email [email protected].
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilizing external 3rd party recruitment agencies for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.