Data Engineer at Qwinix
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:24 p.m. (MST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
We are building a a new team from ground up.
A successful Data Engineer will have the following:
- Advanced SQL experience with a critical mass of publicly available database technologies
- The ability to build CI/CD pipelines with large data sets and cloud technologies
- Prior experience extracting data disconnected data repositories
- Functional expertise in data streaming, message queues and scalable near-real time data stores
- Prior experience with data engineering tools, specifically Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift)
- Must have a Data warehouse/Big Data background
- 5+ years experience Scala or Python
- 5+ years SQL experience using Hive/Impala
- 3+ years experience in Cloud Services services (EMR, Glue, S3, Lambda, ect.)
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Evangelist for data engineering and data science cross-functionally.
- Optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture.
- Support our software engineers .
- Contribute to our cloud strategy based on prior experience.
- Understand the latest technologies in a rapidly innovative marketplace.
- Work with all stakeholders across the organization to deliver enhanced functionality.
- Design infrastructure that is flexible enough to solve for all existing database technologies (SQL, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza).
Read Full Job Description