Data Business Analyst at IHS Markit Digital
As Data Business Analyst within the North American Content Product Management organization you are responsible for gathering requirements from the Software and Data Product Managers and working with the Product Lead and Owner to document those requirements and to identify the success criteria for Product Development for our data delivery model. The data delivery model is the data source for our upstream data delivery solutions which include APIs, Browser, Cloud, Data Lake, On-Prem solutions, and Spatial Content. The roles responsibilities include understanding the data needs of the business, workflow requirements, and the competitive landscape to define the product vision, roadmap and development requirements for the Data Delivery Model.
The Data Business Analyst works is responsible for the gathering of the requirements to help with the design of the Data Delivery model organized into data relationships, data constraints, and data semantics for data delivery that implement the intended business model. Integrated data models of the data contained in the database (its content), the relationships between data items, and restrictions on the data. Developing diagrams representing key data entities and their relationships. The process of the data modeling creates a formal (or semi-formal) presentation of the database structure.
The Data Business Analyst is as data subject matter expert on products within Upstream Content business line, and how these products’ support customer workflows all the data into subject-based tables, Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the information, supporting the data processing goals of the business). This position plays a critical role in supporting the revenue growth of Upstream content products by helping ensure that the data delivery model can effectively support our IHSM's next generation global energy content visualization and analysis applications, is optimally supported to retain and grow the customer base.
- Gathering and documenting the data and software requirements of the Business (Data and Software Product Managers) for the data to support the design of our data delivery data model (and its content), the relationships between data items, and restrictions on the data.
- Documentation of the design and requirements for data model definitions, aggregate logic, and descriptions for the data delivery model from the internal data experts.
- Support the project implementation.
- Functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- User Acceptance Testing.
- Technical Writing, Decision Making & Problem Solving.
- Work with Data and Software Product Managers to explore the possibilities for integrated data in the database and products.
- Elaborate the details of the project.
- Work with the Business to gather, document and share the product direction and requirements with Product Development.
- Applying problem-solving, critical thinking, and analysis skills to evaluate multiple options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field.
- Familiarity with or interest in agile product development practices and tools beneficial
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills required
- A strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL systems and analytics platforms
- Hands-on skills in a wide variety of data management fields like Data Modeling, data warehousing, Database Management, and ETL tools.
- Communication Skills. Business analysts must be good communicators.
- Problem-Solving Skills. No project is without problems.
- Critical Thinking Skills. Business analysts are responsible for evaluating multiple options...
- Documentation and Specification Skills.
- Analysis Skills.