Data Architect at Evolve
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
We’re seeking an experienced Data Architect to join our Analytics team! The ideal candidate is passionate about designing data models and writing complex SQL queries to transform data into clean, accessible tables. This team and role is a critical element to Evolve’s success and helps position us as an innovator and thought-leader in the vacation rental space.
The Analytics team at Evolve is on a mission to make data accessible and valuable for the entire company. We’re responsible for defining strategies for storing, transforming, and providing access to data as well as analyzing data and delivering actionable insights and models to all departments.
What you’ll do:
- Own and optimize Evolve’s data architecture to address the data needs of our rapidly-growing business
- Build and maintain documentation for our data architecture
- Become an expert on our source data and the impact of system and process changes on the data models
- Partner with BI analysts to architect and build new data models as well as review and approve changes to the data transformation layer to ensure consistency, scalability, and maintainability
- Maintain and seek opportunities to improve the technology and processes that support data ingestion, storage, and transformation
- Defines and implements coding requirements for development standardization across the BI team
- Help define the self-serve data strategy at Evolve and implement the technology to support it
- In partnership with engineering and the manager of BI, develop data quality standards and processes
What makes you a great fit:
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with a cloud-based BI platform and data warehouse
- Experience architecting and implementing data models
- Maniacal about providing an organization accurate and consistent data
- Knowledge of Python a plus
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $115,000 to $125,000.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status