Guild is hiring an individual to join its Corporate Strategy team. This new team member will act as a multifaceted partner across various high-priority strategic initiatives and will be tasked with spearheading mission critical projects that expand Guild’s strategic remit and scope. Guild’s Corporate Strategy Team acts as the central hub for market insights and build, buy, partner decisions across the organization with the purpose of accelerating our growth, cementing our position as a category leader, and helping to shape the Guild Ecosystem through partnership, acquisition, and new market expansion.
As a part of the Corporate Strategy team, you will:
- Conduct deep discovery work on potential new markets and prospective Guild Ecosystem partnerships
- Spearhead special projects, answering questions of cross-marketplace strategy and Guild competitive positioning
- In partnership with Finance, design and execute upon Guild’s inorganic growth roadmap, including support on all due diligence processes (e.g., building financial models, writing investment memos, etc.)
- Develop relationships with the most innovative organizations across the Future of Work landscape
- Drive partnership activation efforts, operationalizing strategic value levers from newly formed partnerships
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Guild’s ever-evolving competitive landscape, providing business leaders across the organization with a current snapshot of Guild’s key competitive threats
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Energized to Take on Complex Problems
- Strong confidence in your ability to rapidly teach yourself new things
- Not daunted by the unfamiliar and possess an intense growth mindset
- Strong Analytical and Research Skill Set
- Capable of conducting in-depth research and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Slides
- Experience crafting and implementing well-functioning processes
- Deeply organized with a knack for driving cross-functional collaboration
- Strong Grasp of Financial Concepts
- Capable of conducting financial analysis
- Deep understanding of the business drivers and key metrics of a high-growth venture backed company
- A Bias Towards Action
- Thrive in ambiguity and proactive by default
- Capable of juggling multiple competing priorities
- Skilled Communicator
- Capable of owning relationships with senior external stakeholders
- Comfortable driving internal, cross-functional collaboration
- Deeply Passionate about Guild’s Mission
- Strong working knowledge of the education and future of work spaces
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000-$190,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth